Saturday, March 17, 2007

Technology

As I sat and read everyone's blogging, I realized that we are all on different levels of technology and understanding it, and even how we go about using it. I love being able to use technology, and I know I probably don't use it as often as I should. One of the reasons that I don't (in my eyes at least) is the fact that we have a limited supply of smartboards or projectors and it's hard to do the lessons I want without them. Share and share alike they always say, so I can't always hog the "hardware".
As I read Daniella's blog about the video iPod I was amazed on how far technology has come since I taught kindergarten (6years). I remember having my students do center time with Reading, and I thought using various games on the internet or Ready Rabbit Reader CD-Rom was cool...boy I wonder what they are using now :).
I read Tony's blog about a $100 laptop can change the world, but was unable to read the article (link was down). I think that the article could be very interesting to read and eye opener to those who think technology and learning have to be expensive.
Currently the students in our high school system each have their own laptops in which they take from class to class and have everything they need infront of them. According to "rumors" within the next few years the "laptop learning" will find it's way to our middle school. Part of me think that this is great, and part of me think that this might take away from the human interactive learning. I'm not sure though...have to wait and see I guess.
Technology is the way of the future, and I am sure we are in for a VERY interesting ride....I look forward to it :)

No comments: